Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Friday, November 25, 2011

One year later

One year ago my grandpa passed away suddenly from this earth.

On Thanksgiving. 

His favorite holiday of the year.

It's been a year.

One. Year.

I really miss him.

When I call my grandma's house, and I get her answering machine, my heart stops as I hear my grandpa's voice telling me to leave a message.  "Grandpa ... I miss you.  I love you."  I want to say, hoping that he can hear me. 

Several weeks ago I had a pretty hard day.  We opened up a jar of apple butter that my grandparents made.  That afternoon, while cleaning, the Blue Angels were practicing formations outside -- my grandpa loved air shows and took me to my first and only air show when I was a little girl.  I remember his smile that day.  He was a pilot, and he loved his airplanes.  He took my brother & I up in his airplane one day, showing us tricks that airplane pilots love to do.  We did rolls and dips.  I was frantic, my brother became alive. 

I know that God has a plan for each and every one of us.  It brings me great comfort knowing that someday I will see my grandpa again.  That I will one day see all my loved ones that will eventually pass from this world.  I have had several dreams about my grandpa.  In one of my dreams, I ask him how he's doing, and he said "I'm happy!  I'm doing great!  I feel great!" 

I'm glad my grandpa is no longer in pain, no longer suffering from his injuries or health conditions. 

I saw this poem, and I immediately loved it:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there.  I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning's hush
I am the swift upflinging rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight
I am the soft star-shine at night

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there.  I did not die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails