Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

gone shootin' at the shooting range!

Last weekend we took some time specifically for family time.  I love it when just the four of us escape and just do things together.  Since Mike loves guns... and both of the girls are really good with their shooting (OK.. normally I wouldn't brag about myself but since I'm always writing about how great everyone else is in my life, but there's no one to brag about me, so I'm just going to do it and say that I have a good arm as well for shooting!).

Mike is very good with the girls & I making sure we know how to handle a gun in case of emergencies.  We practice when we are at the cabin -- and Katie has shot two animals with her rifle.  So, practice is good for us.... we learn how to load, unload, set the safety, etc ...

So, Mike took us to the shooting range.  This was my very first time at a shooting range.  This is the conversation as soon as we entered the office.

Owner:  "Have you been to a shooting range before?"

The girls & I:  shaking head no

Owner:  "OK, read this list of rules."

The girls and I read the list of rules.

Owner:  "Great -- do you have any questions?"

The girls and I shake our heads no.

Owner:  :OK ... what's a berm?"  (looking point blank at me)

Me:  "uh ... uh... uh... I don't know.  I've never heard of that word before."

Owner:  "Exactly.. when I ask if you have any questions, that's when you speak up and say 'what's a berm?'  So, let me ask you again... do you have any questions?"

Me:  voice squeaking out "uh.. what's a berm?"

Geez.... what a mean man.  I understand the importance of being smart but he was just a little too..... mean for me.

Anyways!  Moving on!  Here are some pictures of the girls, Mike & I shooting.  We took a picnic lunch and enjoyed a few hours at the range.

IMG_4825

IMG_4826


IMG_4829

IMG_4835

Maddie gets bored after a few minutes, and heads to the SUV and breaks open lunch...

IMG_4819

IMG_4808

IMG_4805

IMG_4797

IMG_4795

IMG_4793

IMG_4788

insert sarcastic remark:  so happy that Maddie picked up the camera to document that her mother does in fact attend these events as well!
IMG_4781

IMG_4771

All in all, we had a great family escape together!  But I totally rock the .22 pistol!  (end of bragging session for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails