Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"Momma... Y'know

What I want to be when I grow up?? A maid!"

gulp

Yes, Madison wants to be a maid when she grows up. How in the world do I answer this? "oh, honey, you can do SOOO much better than that!" or "OK, if that's what you want to do for the rest of your life, go for it and be the best maid you can be!". What do you think I said? Yes, I said the second one! But still... a MAID?!

Been busy learning new crafts... can't really such much now about the crafts b/c it's a gift for some people in my family. :) But, after a certain amount of time has passed, I'll share pictures. But, I'll just say I am having a blast making this and it's turning out SO cute!

Still doing jazzercise, and now taking up running (OK, trying to take up running). I think it's more of a jog a few feet, gasp for air, walk a LOT more feet, then run a few more feet, gasp for air... well, you get the idea. Ha ha! I did manage to job a full quarter of a mile this morning, so I'm stoked.


Katie's been working on a poem project she has for school. She has to create an "I AM" poem. I had to do this too, but in 8th grade. She's been collecting poem from Papa Bill and Papa Rod (b/c they've written poems), and she has to recite a poem, either what she has written, or one she has found. She told me she is wanting to recite Papa Bill's poem "Mother Goose Said That?". I recited that when I was in 5th or 6th grade too!


We had a family day at my grandma's on Sunday afternoon. Aunt Nay came into town, so it was wonderful to see this bronze lady (she moved to Florida and is now very tan... NOT FAIR!). Monday night we went to Mom & Dad Nelson's for a yummy dinner & a visit w/ Mike's grandma. She is here for a short while, and we enjoyed a wonderful visit w/ her. I have pictures of both events, but I left my camera at my in laws house, so pics will have to wait again!

Oh, and I think Maddie is scarred for life. Monday night on our way home from dinner, we're just driving along, minding our business. A police officer pulls Mike over. We both were thinking "huh?" Immediately I asked Mike 'what did you do?' to which he replies 'I dunno'. Apparently you CAN get a ticket for turning right on a road, if you don't stay in the farthest right lane. Mike went into the farthest LEFT lane first ... but he didn't get a ticket. Just a warning. *giggling* Maddie is so worried that Daddy was breaking the rules, that she has informed several people so far that Daddy got in trouble. She has asked me over and over "what happened to Daddy that the police came?"... to which I had to explain when we don't follow rules, we get in trouble. So... for any of you who will in the future take my child in their car, don't get stopped by the police. You will ruin her for life, I'll tell ya. *giggling*

1 comment:

  1. "be the best maid you can be" is probably one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time!

    btw, you are doing awesome with your running!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails