Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Pride and Prejudice ... true romance

I had a goal many years ago.  I was going to get through one of Jane Austen's books.  I love her movies, have seen most of her books turned into movies, but I haven't read a single book of hers. 

That all changed when the book club that I'm in exchanged presents last December.  Everyone brings a book that we think would be a great read for the next year.  Then we do a White Elephant exchange and fight over books.  I was the second person to draw a present.... and wow oh wow did I grab a book that I've been DYING for! 

JANE AUSTEN!  and four of her books!  I fought for that book a few times, and I left the party with it.  I was one happy camper!

Since we decided that February is full of romance because of Valentine's Day, it would be most appropriate to read Pride and Prejudice.  So, I started reading.  Wow oh wow did it take me a long long time to get into the dialogue.  I literally had to read every single word, and some of the words I had never seen before or had no clue what it meant!

Then it got easier.

And I started reading in a British accent.

I sounded so cool.

I kept saying over and over again "hairwwy pahter" (for Harry Potter), even though Jane Austen would have had no clue who Harry Potter was back in the 1800's. 

So, tonight Mike is working late, Maddie's at a lateover and Katie is HAVING a lateover. I have no one to watch Pride and Prejudice with me.  So, I am going to enjoy my Friday night and watch it by myself.  Love me some Jane Austen!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of Jane Austen's books.. I just wish i could get my daughter Emily to read them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails