Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Green Monster Smoothie attacks!!

So .... I'm totally into Pinterest.  I've tried several recipes I've seen floating around Pinterest.  Some were definitely keepers, and some ... not so much!  I've tried a few craft ideas.... one my mom made fun of, and one my mom "oohed" over.

Just for the record Mom.... frugal is in!  Yes, I'm cheap!  Yes, I did take some paint chip samples and make bookmarks!  Yes, they are TOTALLY awesome..... and YES!  I did modge podge our initial "N" onto our pumpkin and tied a ribbon on the stem!  I.Am.Freaking.AWESOME!  I can craft again!
However... I saw a pin for "Green Monster Smoothies".  It had... spinach... in it.  Spinach?  In a smoothie?  Now, we are a total smoothie loving family.  But this one.. I had to try!  Last week I added spinach to our regular smoothies, and gave it to the family.  No one even noticed!!  They were SHOCKED when I told them spinach was added to it!


Luckily I had a pineapple on hand ... and a pear ... and spinach... and bananas.  Yesterday I made it.  It was delicious!  I'm sure chockful of sugar as well b/c of the orange juice... but man was it awesome!  Only one person in the family didn't touch it.  Mike.  Maybe the color turned him off?  I dunno, but the girls and I are in LUV!

Here is the recipe from Annie-Eats (who got it from Une-Deux Senses): 
Yield: 2-3 servings
Ingredients:
1 banana (frozen or not), cut into chunks
1 cup chopped frozen pineapple
1 pear, coarsely chopped
1½ cups orange juice
2½ cups baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
1-2 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)

Directions:  Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness with additional honey, if desired. Serve immediately.
Watch Katie as she drinks her yummy concoction...

Here is the Green Monster Smoothie....
IMG_9082

Watch as she drinks....
gulp
gulp
IMG_9086
See Mike as he glances at us and wonders
"what in the heck is my wife doing taking pictures of Katie at 7 a.m. drinking a smoothie?
IMG_9087

Hmmm.... she's thinking about it....
thinking...
thinking....
IMG_9089
By golly... SHE LIKES IT!
You can't see it, but she's giving a thumbs up!
IMG_9085

If anyone needs an invite to Pinterest... let me know. :)

1 comment:

  1. My SIL Rachel drinks green smoothies all the time.. I have never tired. But maybe I will try...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails