Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

... little thank you notes


I've been trying hard to make sure my family is grateful for things that people do for them.

When my girls were at a VERY young age (think before a year old!) I made sure to always say "THANK YOU" when I gave them something. In return, "tank you" was one of Maddie's first words she said.

I set out a few months ago with the hopes that my family would start doing for others, namely starting with their family! So, I bought everyone a Target $1 notebook. Each person has their own.

Inside their notebooks, if we spy someone doing something nice for others, or if we're especially grateful that so-&-so did something, then we're to write a thank you note to them! In their notebook!

So far, Maddie's the one who's taken off with this idea. She loves to write notes to people in their notebook. It ranges from "thank you for making the bed for me today!" to "thank you for being the best sister!" to other things. It's quite fun to see a special note written for you.

Our little notebooks have a special place where we can find them in the kitchen.

Little by little, we're all learning to say THANK YOU to our family members for the little things they do in our life!

3 comments:

  1. What a good idea. I have been working on my family since I got married. I had to teach my hubby some manners. Luckily it only took a couple times of not getting him something without him asking nicely for the lessons to sink in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea! I need to tuck that one away for when my girls are a little older. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea. We are big on thank you's here too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails