Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Monday, July 18, 2011

the iron king.... the iron daughter... the iron queen.... TEAM ASH!!!

Since I am in Kansas City for two weeks.... I have had ample reading time on the plane, and at night.

My sister in law Tiffany texted me a few weeks ago telling me about a few new series of books that are Young Adult -- and were SOOOOO good!  So, I went about my business requesting them from the library, and just last night I finished the series so far of the Iron King.  I'm not normally into reading fantasy books.  In fact, I believe this might be my first fantasy book I've ever read.  I don't consider Twilight fantasy, but maybe it should be???

Written by Julie Kagawa ... it's a fantasy/faery type of book.  Meaghan Chase is about to turn 16 years old, and all of a sudden she's starting to "see" weird things ... creatures!  Turns out, her biological father is a King of the Summer Faery -- so she's part faery and part human.

I realize I'm butchering this little book report up BIG time (I never said I was good writing book reports .... I just like to read them and tell you to read them yourself if I think it's good).  So, do me a favor.  Go to the library or book store and find The Iron King by Julie Kagawa ..... read it.  If you like it, read The Iron Daughter.  AND if you like that one, read The Iron Queen.


Yes, there is a love interest with the main character.  I have to say I'm 100% Team Ash.  You'll know what I mean by the time you read book 3.  Can't wait for book 4 to come out!!

Here is a brief summary I have taken from Julie Kagawa's site:


MEGHAN CHASE HAS A SECRET DESTINY— ONE SHE COULD NEVER HAVE IMAGINED…
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan’s life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she’s known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she’ll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe i will have my daughter read them. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom recommended these to me. I keep meaning to read them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails