Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane.....

When we went to Kansas City a few weeks ago, my girls, I think, were most excited about going on a plane.  The last time Katie was on a plane was when she was 4 1/2 -- Maddie was only 18 months old.  Maddie sat on my lap, sleeping away while Katie was listening & singing very loudly to Shania Twain on her portable CD player -- I told her to quiet it down a bit since everyone could hear her, but she just said "I can't hear myself sing!"  I'm so thankful for all those people who didn't complain.
Fast forward 8 years.....
We leave on a Tuesday morning for Kansas City.  We traveled on Frontier -- but I didn't pay for the higher end tickets, so to put a suitcase under the plane was $20 (turns out, if you pay for it the day before, it's only $15!) -- so I had the girls lug their stuff in duffel bags and backpacks.  I had a duffel bag and a big suitcase that we put the heavier stuff in.  We came loaded.....  well, we stayed for two weeks!

IMG_6004
While we were going through the lines, Katie was stopped.  Of course.... why?  Look at her arm!  All those metal bracelets.  It took FOREVER to get them all off!  On the way home, she only had one bracelet on... lesson learned!   (side note, Frontier had the most comfortable seats ever!  And since my butt is a bit wider than most ... it fit comfortably in the sit... just saying!  oh, and their snack is a chocolate chip cookie!  Perfect!)

IMG_6007

I was able to pick which seat we were going to sit in, so on this ride, Maddie sat next to the window first.  On the way home, Katie sat next to the window -- but a seat opened up next to me, and she moved over to the window seat by me.  Which.... started a "MOM!!  That's SO not fair!!" from Katie.  Attitude does exist when you are flying high in altitude.

IMG_6008

I loved seeing their excitement!!

IMG_6012

stay tuned for more vacation stories and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails