Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fall... at the cabin

A few weeks ago we all took a quick trip to the cabin.  Mike went up with Maddie on Thursday night, and spend Friday through Monday at the cabin.  I had to work on Friday & Monday, so Katie and I hopped in a car right after I got out of work on Friday and drove the long distance to the cabin.   We came home on Sunday afternoon.  Fastest trip ever.  :(

It took us FOREVER to get out of San Antonio -- due to a car pileup (people don't know how to drive in the rain here!) -- which meant we made it in time for rush hour in Austin!  I was so hoping to avoid this ... by the time we made it to Round Rock, we had been in the car for almost 3 hours -- it should have taken us an hour -- maybe an hour and 15 minutes at the most.  So, I was itching to get out and walk around for a bit.  We rented a small car b/c my Explorer is not the best at getting good gas mileage -- but man alive it was a pain to drive with my long legs!  LEG CRAMP!

So, we stopped at Ikea.  :)  Katie met up w/ a friend she met at EFY over the summer -- yes, a BOY.  Cameron & Katie hung out for a bit while I walked around and picked up a few things I needed.

IMG_6232


IMG_6233

After an hour, we got back in the car and drove like a maniac.  Katie promised me she wouldn't fall asleep.  But she did.  Thankfully before she did, she inserted a CD and it was a "Dirty Dancing" CD ... so I sang my heart out to all those old songs.  Finally she woke up and put in a different CD.  Madonna... the Immaculate Collection.  She fell back asleep.  Listened to that CD twice.  Ugh.  Woke her up again and told her to change it out.  So she put in .... the WIGGLES!  She groaned -- and I was a happy little camper b/c I was seriously dragging butt and trying to stay awake.  Thankfully we made it to the cabin at 11:30 that night -- and fell promptly asleep!

On Saturday Mike rented a small tractor & a brush hog to clear off some land on his neighbor's property -- so he could hunt. I told him too bad the tractor wasn't green -- per the country song "Let's take a ride on my green tractor" (or something like that). 

My usual trip to Walmart took place... twice that day.  :D  This is the only time I will go to Walmart -- while at the cabin.

IMG_6237


Mike & Katie went deer hunting (since it was the kids weekend to hunt for deer).  Had to buy Katie a new camo jacket b/c Maddie outgrew hers, and used Katie's old camo jacket.

IMG_6255


Our friends were at the cabin with us that weekend, and Sarah made a huge pot of chili -- so yummy!  Perfect for the cool weather! 

I noticed these berries when I drove in on the property == bright purple berries.  They are all over the place, and I have NO clue what they are.  Sure are pretty to look at though!

IMG_6261


IMG_6269


IMG_6273


Mike also took Katie driving for the first time.  Better him than me.  She drove like a little old lady.  Took 5 minutes to back the car out so she could go on the road.  A few feet at a time!  But Mike said she did good -- hugging the curb very well!

IMG_6257

IMG_6285

IMG_6287

IMG_6291

IMG_6296

I noticed by the septic tank ... we have a sink hole.  BOO!  Mike said that was the area in which he dug a HUGE hole and deposited trees/brush, etc when he first started clearing the land.  Probably the heaviness of the tractor caused it to sink.  Thankfully it won't impact the cabin in any way -- b/c Mike has the cabin supported by huge cement pillars that goes way down in the dirt/sand.  I forget how many feet... is that suprising?

IMG_6306-001
 
 
Then it was time for Katie & I to leave.  :(  We got stuck in another traffic jam outside of Waco -- took forever for us to make it through.  We went maybe 2 miles in an hour.  So, after much encouraging, Katie popped in the Veggietales CD.  Sung our hearts out for the length of the CD.  Good memories... good times.  :) 
 
We finished up our trip to Buccee's!  Katie had never been -- and so had to get her mug shot with the famous Beaver?  Woodchuck?  What is he??
 
IMG_6309-001

IMG_6311
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails