Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Whoooo ... Whooo....

I came home one night from taking Katie to Young Women and Mike said "we have owls out in our trees".  Really??  We live super close to a large trail that has tons of wildlife like deer, raccoons, armadillos, snakes, possums, turkey vultures, etc..... so it's not uncommon to see wildlife in our neck of the neighborhood.  Last year an owl was spotted in a tree with her baby owl.
So I ran outside to see if I could find any of them.  Couldn't see anything.

Mike came outside and said "they're burrowing owls and they're small .... we had five at one time flying around and hanging on the trees and the ledges of our patio."  So cool!

So he took a flashlight and searched for one of the owls  at least, and found it!

I took a picture, with flash b/c it was dark ... and he flew away.  But at least I got a picture!  I was surprised how small these little creatures were!
IMG_8779

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails