Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

A trip to the ER .... while on vacation!

Well ... after being in pain for 3 days, it was time to take Katie to the ER.  My in laws took Katie to the ER and my mom met them there (she works at the hospital).  I had a photo shoot of my friend Kizzie and her family ... and I knew they had already left their home and traveled from far away for this shoot, so I stayed behind to do their shoot and then would meet up at the hospital.  I was thinking they would be sitting for hours in the waiting room....

By the time the shoot was over (it was a pretty fast shoot, but we had great light, very cooperative kids, and it was so easy to do!) I was driving down to the hospital.  When I had gotten there, Katie was about ready to go to the ultrasound.  They were emptying a bag of liquids in her so her belly would get nice and full (her bladder really) so they could see if there was a cyst in her... or if it was appendix.


IMG_1386

She has my phone here .... we discovered we had a signal in the ultrasound room, but not in the ER room... so she was texting her friends. 

IMG_1392

Turns out it was a bleeding cyst (called a hemorrhaging cyst) which was causing her a lot of pain.  No white blood cells in her blood, and her appendix looked fine.  They released us to go home with a prescription for pain, but not before giving her a nice drug that within seconds of getting it, she fell asleep.

IMG_1393

This is the picture my dad took of Kizzie and I.  We are at the Independence Square in Missouri.

IMG_1382

Oh wait .. this is much better!  However, I think I like the picture of myself better in the fuzzy unfocused picture!  :)

IMG_1383

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails