Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Thanksgiving Finale post

Better finish up w/ Thanksgiving vacation...

IMG_1285

We made an entire Thanksgiving dinner in our cabin!!  Cheated a bit, we did ... but we did it!  I bought a boneless turkey breast from Sam's Club, my mom make mashed potatoes & a cranberry salad ahead of time -- and at the cabin we made green bean casserole, cranberry (relish?  jelly?), and burnt rolls....  pecan pie & pumpkin pie were dessert....

IMG_1260

IMG_1283

IMG_1284

Earlier that day on T-day, my parents drove the girls & I out to where they went to college (and met).  The college is literally right down the road from our cabin, maybe about 15 minutes away?  I had been there several times, and many of my close friends went to college here as well.
IMG_1267

My parents stayed in these type of housing while on campus ... they called it "Booth City", and they are TINY!!
IMG_1264

IMG_1265

On Friday, it was the anniversary of my grandpa's death, so we placed an order at the wonderful hamburger restaurant for a peanut butter pie.  My grandpa made a mean peanut butter pie!  It was delicious, and even my dad commented on how similar it was!  So, our first bite we toasted to Grandpa.
IMG_1372

Yummm....
IMG_1374

Mike had a huge stack of wood to burn, but we had a fire ban in place.  It was removed the day before (but it rained like crazy for a few days...), so he wasted maybe 10 gallons of gas trying to get a fire started.  (OK, maybe not that much, but it was a lot).  Finally, my mom managed to keep one of the fires going, and we had FIRE!!  we decided to keep her in the tribe after all -- she was a great fire girl.

IMG_1379-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails