Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Monday, April 20, 2009

{C25K Week 4, run 1}

This week's run is a little confusing. Walk 5 minutes briskly, run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minutes, walk 2 1/2 minutes, run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minutes. Then you're done. I had to write it all down on my hand so I didn't forget it all.

Well, I walked briskly first, then when I got to where I normally start running (which is after 5 minutes), I surprised myself when I found I had ran OVER the 3 minutes. I thought "ooh, I think I can do this!". Course, I may think differently when run #3 of this week comes upon me. It's a straight 20 minute run, I think. ::shudder::

All in all, it was a good run, and my breathing was MUCH better. I'm just breathing as I need to breathe, no particular way. ::wheeze wheeze::

However, courtesy of Katie's fancy ipod, I had Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" song to bop to along the way. Love that song. I need to learn the words, so I don't look like a fool when I lip synch the wrong words to it. Wait, I do that to all of them..... I make up my own words! Who cares if it doesn't make sense! Also, Taylor Swift kept me company as well.... maybe that's why it wasn't so hard this time? I had company to listen to? I had to restrain myself from singing along, and worse... dancing along to the music while I was walking. Several other runners passed me. One had very long legs and she ran pretty fast. Most of the others jogged like me: slow, picking their feet up only as they needed to.

While I was in the alley on my way back home, I passed along my familiar houses. While thoroughly happy I made it through this run, I couldn't help but think to myself:

Goodbye house that stinks. (please clean your house!)

Goodbye old people (who has bars on their windows???)

Goodbye yummy smelling house (ooh, she's washing her clothes today!)

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I love your neighborhood commentary. I love singing along to music while I running. It's so peaceful. Ugh, I want to run again. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your funny:) I think you need to download more songs--hahah. So when do you run the 20 min?? I bet you can do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *love* the new Kelly Clark song! I do my car dancing to it! Plus I got the new Taylor Swift cd last week and we listen to it at work. Bryan commented that I have too much "girl power" music going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with music and have my own "marathon machine" filled with songs that really pump me up while running. A few of my faves that you might like are: Untouched by the Veronicas and Girlfriend (Japanese Version) by Avril Lavigne. You should check em out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails