Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

{Week 2 Run 2 of C25K}

Got new tennis shoes yesterday. I went to Kohl's, and after trying on two different kinds of Asics shoes, went back to the same pair as I bought last June..... I tried a pair w/ a high arch, but I just didn't know if I could get used to it, or if it felt weird, or comfortable. I love these babies!

Went for my run this morning at 9:00... did 30 minutes total of the run/walk after walking for 5 minutes to warm up. I think I officially hate running. I just don't like it. But, I'm going to change my mindframe, and am determined to LIKE it (not love it, but it would be great if it came to that). My left leg didn't hurt at all, but towards the end it was a little bothersome. I did stretch a bit before I left. No shin pain this time.


I made an appointment with a doctor to see about my thyroid. I keep thinking "why the heck am I not losing weight? I'm LITERALLY exercising my butt off!". Seriously, going from not exercising after a few years, to exercising every day, coming home drenched in sweat after exercising for at LEAST 1 1/2 hours should do something, right? Top that off w/ eating correctly, and NOTHING!! Nothing happened!


I see the doctor in two weeks. Pray for my thyroid to be LOW..... {{I know, weird thing to pray for....}} Last time I was checked was about 3-4 years ago, and it was almost borderline, but not quite. If it's not low, someone is seriously going to get hurt. So, watch out.

Aren't these sandals cute? I thought so!! So, I bought myself a pair!

3 comments:

  1. Amy you are cracking me up!! hahah. Yes the sandles are cute and I like your new running shoes. Glad your shins aren't hurting anymore:) As for your thyroid I am sooo not going to pray for it to be low because having thyroid problems is a pain in the A---- trust me:) Silly you, your body is probably freaking out because you started running. Give it time and throw your scale AWAY!! I never step on one (but at the dr's). I just pay attention to the way my clothes fit and how I feel. You are doing so well-- keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you are inspiring me! I started the c25k a while ago, but a twisted ankle ruined it for me-- but you're making me want to try again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails