Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Friday, January 20, 2012

7 layer bars ... heavenly!!

I have heard of these 7 layer bars (or seven layer bars) ... and thought I'd try it out last week. 

They were gone in a day and a half.  My family LOVED this recipe!  Not to mention super easy to make.

Actually, for me, it's a 6 layer bar.  I didn't add nuts to it.  I'm not fond of nuts in my food.  Separate?  Yes.  In my food?  No.

Here is the recipe (from Eagle Brand)
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c butter/margarine
1 can sweeten condensed milk
1 c chocolate chips
1 c butterscotch chips
1 1/3 c coconut
Preheat oven to 350.  Melt the margarine/butter and then mix it with the crumbs.  Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam, and then add the crumb mixture, pressing down.  Pour half of the sweetened condensed milk over the crumbs.  Add the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and coconut (nuts too... if you wish).  Finally, pour the rest of the milk over the top, and then back for 25 minutes or until light brown on top.

Let it sit for 10 minutes, and then take a knife and lightly make indentions on where you want the bars to be cut.  Let sit for another 10 minutes, then place in the fridge.  Cutting it will be much easier when it is cold and hardened.
I also took pictures!!  (surprise surprise!)

IMG_3775

Yummm.... look at it up close!
IMG_3776

Spreading the rest of the milk on top.

IMG_3780

What it looks like when it comes out of the oven!
IMG_3797

Wait about 10 minutes after pulling from the oven.  Then, lightly cut into squares (I managed to get 35 bars).  Let it sit for a bit longer, then place in the fridge for a few hours.  You'll be able to cut into bars MUCH easier when it's cold since it has already been cut.
IMG_3798

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails