So this year, the girls and I decided to make them on Christmas Eve. Only .... the wreath part didn't happen (the circle part). It just was too messy to make them into circles. So we just plopped them down on the wax paper ... and I called them Christmas Blobs.
When we took the cookies to a dinner on Christmas at a friend's house, one of the husbands said "hey, these look like mistletoes!" so we renamed them Mistletoe Cookies!
We love them! Here is the recipe (I got it from allrecipes)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp green food coloring
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups cornflake cereal
- 1 package cinnamon red hot candies
- Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir.
- Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls in clumps on greased wax paper and decorate with 3 red hots each.
- Once cool, transfer to lightly greased serving/storage tray with lightly greased fingers.