Looking for my photography website? Just click here!!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

FIRE ANTS!!!

Normally when we head to the cabin, we have to lay down poison for fire ants.  Especially if my little niece & nephews or other little friends are going to be playing around the sand.  Last year Maddie picked up wood to throw in the fire, and she was bit by a TON of fire ants.  So, naturally this last time we went to the cabin, we had to throw more poison down. 

Katie & I were looking for more colonies around the house.  I was staring at the sand, and realized that the grass was moving.  Upon looking even closer, I saw they were fire ants carrying grass and pine tree needles.  I walked around the cabin, and found two areas that the fire ants were heading to... it was such a fascinating thing to watch.

Here is the video that I took of it.  At the end of the video, is pretty much what it looked like with all the grass moving.  Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails